Monday, July 26, 2010

I Need Thee Every Hour

We have had a lot of storms lately.

And I'm not just talking about the heavy rains, and the flooding.

In the past few weeks, we as a congregation have had several deaths. And with the recent storms and flooding, we can't help but at times feel overwhelmed.

The storms in life continue, and we ask ourselves, when will the sun come out again?

Well, the Son will shine, despite the storms we feel in our lives.

One thing that helps me cope during these difficult, stormy times, is a song by Selah. The words go like this ....

When I think I'm going under, part the waters, Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea
When I cry for help, oh, hear me, Lord and hold out Your hand
Touch my life
Still the raging storm in me

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

Refrain

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is in vain.

Refrain


When we feel like we're going under, let us cling to Christ Jesus, for indeed, we need him every hour.

Yours in Him,

Pastor Mark

1 comment:

  1. Another song with great inspirational lyrics is the MercyMe song "Bring the Rain". You can hear it on YouTube here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m17af0XmPFo&feature=related

    ReplyDelete