Thursday, December 2, 2010

Advent: The Time of Preparation, Light and...Stress?

My calendar, filled to the brim for the next 24 days, is overwhelming me. Shopping for Christmas gifts, which includes figuring out the PERFECT gift for friends and family, and finding the money to do so, gives me great stress. How many of you are with me? The other day I had to remind myself that the purpose of Christmas is not just to get through Christmas. So, I took some time, prayed, reflected on this season of preparation, of promise, of light, and decided to make a concerted effort to not let myself be consumed by calendars, gifts and the things that distract me from the true purpose: Jesus. And I was reminded of this wonderful video that gets straight to the heart of Advent and Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment